Sunday, September 24, 2006

An American in Rome

Ironically, this movie was playing last night out in the main piazza of Testaccio, on a big screen outside. Today, the second full day of my Italian adventure, was as Italian as it gets - I took Il Dolce Far Niente to heart with a morning stroll through the outdoor market to buy curtains and such (see the photo), an afternoon lounging welcome lunch prepared by my new roommate Mika with friends Tina and Flavio, followed by a birra at the local bar while watching Roma kick Parma's culo at soccer.

The rest of the day (which, by the way, felt very very long - perhaps a side-effect of being unemployed? I like it.) was spent unpacking, decorating and chatting with Mika over tofu, rice and wine from a box. Oh, I also chatted a bit with my new little cuddly friend Ramo.






The view from above window - that's the Tiber you see through the leaves! And yes we ARE high up! I'm on the 5th floor (in America it'd actually be the 6th floor), without an elevator. I consider it a good balance to all the pasta, bread, dolci....

2 Comments:

At 8:39 PM, Blogger Melissa Mednicov said...

Beautiful view!

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I linked you to my blog... FYI- hope you dont mind a little extra traffic!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home