Saturday, September 30, 2006

When in doubt...

My mind is a blur these days - a whirlwind of ideas and questions... do I apply to grad school to get a student visa? Do I try to work here illegaly or take what I can get and move back home in December? Should I continue to buy beer just for the cute label? I find it's usually a good idea to eat at times like these.

So tonight I made a dish of pasta with all the veggies in my tiny fridge... finocchio (not that kind, Ben), carrots, beets, garlic, corn, onions and red pepper. First, I roasted the red pepper directly on the stovetop (a la Mamma Adams) and roasted the others in oil / salt / pepper / rosemary in the oven:
... then enjoyed them with Bavette pasta, which is sort of between spaghetti and linguine in the width of the noodle. The risultato: delizioso! I am now a HUGE fan of roasted carrots on pasta, and cannot for the life of me understand why it's never found this way in restaurants, etc.

Tomorrow's lunch/dinner - spaghetti with clam sauce with the real clams, not from a can! Instead, from a man at the market who threw in a little parsley for me knowing what I was going to make!


Then, feeling satisfied, I headed out to the piazza to watch the outdoor premier screening of the documentary "Core de Roma" ("Heart of Rome" in the local dialect), all about Testaccio through the eyes of the old signori at the local soccer club (around the corner from my home, incidentally). Here are some pics, though it was dark. Apparently the captain of the AS Roma team is one of the guys up there:

3 Comments:

At 6:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

god your fabulous!

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Full Tummy said...

hey, i didn't know you had a blog going on... yay! loving it!

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

what>?! my blog isnt good enough to make your link list? LOL thanks em- thanks... so much for 18 years or so of friendship.
ha!

xoxox

 

Post a Comment

<< Home