Saturday, March 24, 2007

Something about that mountain air...

...makes you really, really hungry. We'd just had a breakfast that was about 18 times the size of the normal breakfast any of us ever has, when Domenico stopped the car in front of a cozy little restaurant near the top.


I for one thought we were stopping for, perhaps, some hot cocoa; I mean, I couldn't eat another bite. But then the polenta arrived with its melted cheese and its mushrooms...



...and then the dishes so local you can only get them here (which also means you HAVE to eat them). Clockwise from the top you have your Canederli, your Spatzle, and your multigrain risotto with crispy speck. In a word, unbelievable...I made Tiziana give me her recipes later on.


Carlotta gets her sweetness from her parents:



...and from these delicious traditional desserts...there were 5 of them. And we finished them all.





I think you can actually see the additional 5 kilos I've gained while here, riiight about...NOW:



Amazing, I think, that I remember the names of the foods but not the mountains. Anyways, it's all worth it. Check out the view:



And finally, the summit:



Buona notte!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home