Friday, October 06, 2006

October 05, 2006

This morning I decided to stay close to home and get to know Trastevere, across the river from me. This neighorhood is charming, cute, picturesque and...a lot like Testaccio, but on a larger scale. I checked out the main church, Santa Maria in Trastevere, where, oddly, there was a German mass going on. I also had some delicious pizza and was told I was splendid.

I then went to the local church of St. Francis (a Ripa) - since it always calms me a reminds me of Granny. There is a powerful Bernini sculpture here, that really took the "passion" of Christ to a new level, if you ask me...
I also made sure do walk down SALAMI ST............
...And made it home in time for a quick bite of leftover Amatriciana before Trivia Night at Druid's Rock Scottish/Italian pub in Piazza Esquilino with some old friends from EIS. Team "3b's" - that's "The Brains (Carlotta), the Brian (Brian) and the Bostonian (yours truly)" - came in 12th out of 14 - hooray for not coming in last and for having so many laughs!!!

3 Comments:

At 2:44 PM, Blogger Melissa Mednicov said...

well you are splendid. Are you familiar with bernini's "ecsatsy of st. theresa"? um..yea...

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

ah so woman- you still have not linked me. so hurt. LOL just kidding!

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

ah so woman- you still have not linked me. so hurt. LOL just kidding!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home