Sunday, November 19, 2006

Giving Thanks

Well it's the week of Thanksgiving, my favorite holiday! 4 more days until a day off and a fabulous American dinner...

I kicked off this special week with a Saturday-night meal with Carlotta, followed by dancing like maniacs until 5:00am.


before the wine


after the wine

We somehow convinced a lot of Italians that we were sisters, despite her blond hair, blue eyes and olive complexion.

Speaking of family, I received this photo in my inbox today:



...unbelievably those are my real relatives, and I'm not talking 8th cousins 3 times removed. The man and the woman whose shoulder he's holding are my great-great-great grandparents (I can actually see the resemblence between her and my grandma), and the woman all the way to the left with her hands on the table is my great-great grandmother.

And in the spirit of Italian-family-togetherness, my brother arrives on Wednesday and I can't can't can't wait. Safe travels fratello mio!

1 Comments:

At 3:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I miss my Emma!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home