Saturday, November 04, 2006

I do!

Fall has definitely arrived in Rome, and not in the gradual, slow way typical of Italian life, but rather suddenly. I'm glad for it - I love fall and the comfy clothes, snuggling and long walks that come with it. Since it is supposed to get back into the upper 60s next week, all this week and weekend I have been trying to take advantage, by walking the hour home from work (which is still full-time!), and scoping out what's new for the season at the local market.

Today there was a special market in my neighborhood, the First "BioFiera" called "Quality Organic Days" - all organic products and foods. It was amazing and the perfect fall afternoon activity. You can find everything from "raw milk" (I don't know and don't want to) to organic cosmetics, oils, cheeses, meats, breads, coffee, wines and sweets, mostly from Rome or elsewhere in Lazio.

There was even an impromptu outdoor bio-dome sort of restaurant with an all-organic menu:


Before cutting myself off cause I was spending too much, I bought organic Amaro (a strong after-dinner digestivo made of herbs), some veggies and 3 jars of Nutella-like chocolate spread, one with peperoncino (wisely suggested by the vendor for my cold), one with coffee and one made of dark chocolate, my newest obsession. The chocolates came with a marriage proposal from the crunchie vendor dude Giovanni who visited and loves Maine, and who (like me) needs a Visa - tempting, very tempting!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home