Friday, October 13, 2006

Troppo

troppo (too much/many) - the Italian word of the day on my gmail homepage, and very appropriate for the happenings of yesterday evening.

I finally met up with my former colleagues from EIS Rome for a drink at 'Friends' on Via della Scrofa and then we headed to il solito posto, Taverna del Parione, for dinner - which we didn't even make it to because of all the apps we ordered. It was so nice to see all their lovely faces again and hear their stories of ridiculous clients (one who told her group she was going to get a massage and actually got on a plane back to the US!)...but I am sorry that they always talk about work, it makes me feel sad for them and also like I really dodged a bullet. Then we put the tab onto an EIS group's bill that was also at the Parione so that E(vil)IS footed it all!

Then I kissed my friends goodbye until the next time and headed to Ostiense for the Volume concert - but not before I ripped up my left foot wearing shoes I hadn't worn since last year and dragging my bloody stump home to apply surely no less than 12 bandaids and to change shoes. I hailed a taxi and arrived at the club in time for the last 3 songs; though *some* people might say they didn't go for the music (check out their photos to see why), I think they are really quite talented - as if Coldplay and the Smashing Pumpkins and the Strokes got together, married an Italian and had a child. I'd buy their album.

It's another beautiful day in Rome - I'm heading out!

1 Comments:

At 9:49 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

ohmygod i just burst out laughing in my *cube* hahaha your bloddy stump!? seriously you are too much. do you have a foot left? you leave much to the imagination with that one! god love ya!

i miss you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home